Do you have flabby arms? Are they making you self-conscious when you wear tank tops or strapless dresses? If so, an arm lift surgery may be the solution for you! This procedure takes out areas of extra tissue from under your upper arm, giving you a more toned and defined appearance. Arm lifts are becoming increasingly popular, and can be done at a medspa or plastic surgery clinic.
Who Is This For?
An arm lift, also known as Brachioplasty, is a surgery that can help those struggling with flabby upper arm skin due to aging, weight loss or genetics. It is a great option for individuals who have lost skin elasticity and want to improve the shape and contour of their arm. It can also help those who are near their goal weight.
- Arm lift surgery is becoming increasingly popular, and can be done at a medspa or plastic surgery clinic.
- The procedure takes out areas of extra tissue from under your upper arm, giving you a slimmer look.
As with any surgery, there is a risk of infection or adverse reactions to anesthesia. Additionally, the arm may be sore and swollen for up to two weeks after the procedure. You may also experience bruising and numbness in the arm or arm pit.
How Do I Get Ready For An Arm Lift?
If you are unsure about whether arm lift surgery is the best option for you, talk to your healthcare provider. It’s important that you understand the possible risks involved with the surgery and if these risks are worth it given your current health status. Your surgeon will also want to ensure that you have realistic expectations of what results surgery can achieve. Keep in mind that even after successful surgery, living a healthy lifestyle is essential for maintaining optimal results.
- Unfortunately, health insurance plans rarely cover body-contouring surgery. In some cases there may be a complication, such as an infection around a skin-fold. If you’re considering this type of surgery, be mindful that it generally is expensive. Knowing the estimated cost upfront can help avoid any financial surprises down the line.
- It is essential that you reach a stable weight before having this surgery. If you lose weight after the surgery, sagging skin may return in new areas. Additionally, if you gain a significant amount of weight after your arm lift surgery, it can harm weakened skin and cause stretch marks and wide scars.
- If you smoke tobacco, quitting at least several weeks before your surgery is vital. Smoking greatly increases the risks for complications and may delay or prevent your surgery from happening altogether.
- Before arm lift surgery, be sure to ask your surgeon about any medications that you should stop taking such as Aspirin.
- Be sure to tell your surgeon about any health problems you’ve had recently, such as a fever, and don’t eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery.
Final Thoughts On Arm Lift Surgery
Arm lift surgery can be a great way to get rid of flabby arm skin and achieve a slimmer, more toned look. The procedure involves removing excess tissue from the arm area and can be performed at a medspa or plastic surgery clinic. For more information and to find providers in your area visit medspas.com.